From tiny babies to the elderly the gentle touch of cranioSacral therapy encourages the body’s natural healing process.
Supporting the “core” system in this way recharges the body’s healing power and brings with it a wide range of benefits.
CraniSsacral therapy does not evaluate patients through preconceived ideas nor does it have an expected outcome. Each client guides their own therapy as they, facilitated by the therapist, respond to their own needs.
CranioSacral therapy provides a sensitive, caring environment where much can and does happen, and the outcome, which is different for everyone, is the true evaluation.
We are all familiar with the fear that the difficulties, of life, illness, etc. can instil in us. CranioSacral therapy helps to counteract that fear and open up the clients healing abilities.
From conception to death, cranioSacral therapy can help smooth all the transitions of life, including:
- Helping mother prepare for birth
- Balance baby’s craniosacral system at, or soon after, birth – This is vital if assisted delivery or caesarean
- Infant difficulties i.e. colic. etc. See craniosacral therapy for babies. Link..
- It is always helpful around vaccination
- All childhood difficulties incl. learning difficulties, ADD, ADHD, Autism etc. See Craniosacral therapy for children. Link,
- It is vital as a preparation for puberty.
- Dental work – Clients should be treated before and after this.
- Any emotional traumas
- Support of the immune system
- Stress of any kind
- Most injuries – See Contra indications
- Fertility issues
- Post surgery
- Digestive disorders
- Pain of any kind
- Heart related problems
- Bells Palsy
The list of indications is pretty much endless. There are however a few very important contra indications. Among these are:-
- Recent brain hemorrhage
- Cerebral aneurism
- Brain injury
- Brain tumours.
CranioSacral therapy has many applications and today is a highly respected form of therapy. It can be studied and practiced by anyone from brain surgeons to family care givers; in fact by anyone who is sensitive, compassionate, and willing to sub-ordinate his/her ego so that the patient is the most important factor.
CranioSacral therapy can be performed successfully alongside any other therapy.
It can stand alone or be applied around:
- Therapeutic massage and body work
- Physical therapy
- Obstetric care
- Paediatric care
- Sports care
- Addiction recovery
- Hospice care
- Nursing home care
- Vetinary care (My cat, Paws, loves it!)
I use it alongside my reflexology and nutritional practice.
CranioSacral therapy has been successfully practiced for the past 35 years. It has a great many clinical applications and an endless list of indications.